發表者 討論內容
Adirondack
發表時間: 2009-10-28 09:05
已經開始識到一些青韻民歌好友。
註冊日: 2009-10-19
來自: 獅城
發表數: 36
結他製造過程 - 好詳細的描述.
I wonder have anyone posted this b4, but i think it's better than many factories tour on youtube.

Enjoy.

http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/Features/RJCFM/rjcfm01.html

Here's another great video for those freaks like me who likes to know how steel-string guitars are made - STEP BY STEP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfH-QG7wxzM

WARNING !!! 米學我甘上左癮
patrick
發表時間: 2009-10-28 11:53
青韻是我家!
註冊日: 2003-12-28
來自: Tri's Hi's
發表數: 710
Re: 結他製造過程 - 好詳細的描述.
Haha, I also learn a lot from frets.com.
Look at this guy who homemade a guitar.

Sound great too.

Adirondack
發表時間: 2009-10-28 14:54
已經開始識到一些青韻民歌好友。
Hello my friend,
So, you are freak #2 huh.

Thanks for sharing, Patrick.

Fantastic guy. Super woodcrafts. But I think he can make a Go Bar deck easily & those braces looks like it's abt 3/8 to 1/2" wide. Better not comment so much, I have never built one meself.

Lemme see if I got this right...

Got it.
This redneck is showing us a simplier version.

This.

or MUCH SIMPLIER version - with or w/o pickup

RodFoo
發表時間: 2009-10-28 17:13
青韻是我家!
註冊日: 2004-01-01
來自: N.T.
發表數: 682
Thanks to both of you for sharing!

For the homemade guitar, somehow, personally I have something I don't quite like about it.

- The neck joint is a bolt-on. I know that this is very controversial. I personally prefer a dovetail.

- The fretting is done before the neck is set into the body. Again personally I think this might increase the risk of having ripples easier near the neck joint at 12th - 15th frets. Billy's Ovation suffered from this bearing in mind it does not prove anything. Many guitars are built this way without any problems.

- Adirondack is right about the size of the braces. I personally prefer a thinner but taller braces.

I only share my personal feelings here.

Thanks to both of you again.

Rod

Adirondack
發表時間: 2009-10-28 20:05
已經開始識到一些青韻民歌好友。
Wow, The Master has spoken. 弟子聆听

引文:

RodFoo 寫道:
Thanks to both of you for sharing!

- The neck joint is a bolt-on. I know that this is very controversial. I personally prefer a dovetail.

- The fretting is done before the neck is set into the body. Again personally I think this might increase the risk of having ripples easier near the neck joint at 12th - 15th frets. Billy's Ovation suffered from this bearing in mind it does not prove anything. Many guitars are built this way without any problems.

- I personally prefer a thinner but taller braces.

I only share my personal feelings here.

Thanks to both of you again.

Rod

Hi Mr. Foo.

I like dovetail joint too, but slightly thicker bridge & high saddle will delay much time for a neck reset. Some website said that there's more wood contact in M&T joint than dovetail, well guess I'm a traditionalist.

Totally agree with the frettings before neck-pitching.

Yes, the thickness should be about 1/4 to 5/16" & your comment is great because higher, thin braces helps in the transmission. Forward shift, fully scalloped Still sounded great.

Say, didn't get to see the size of his bridge plate & did he arch the back of the side a little?

Anyway, This OM is w/o the Popsicle brace which is also good, because it's a smaller OM size, but the depth is like a Dreadnought - 無惧号. Maybe this is why it sounded quite loud (or the camera is too close) on the 2nd clip.

I hope he packs the truss-rod snugly into the truss-rod slot, or else time will come when the truss rod might causes buzzing.

Thanks again Mr. Patrick & Mr. Foo

patrick
發表時間: 2009-10-28 23:43
青韻是我家!
註冊日: 2003-12-28
來自: Tri's Hi's
發表數: 710
I love dovetail neck joint guitar, its should transfer more power than the bolt on neck, since the bolt on neck contact with the body with juct screw's pressure, but the dovetail can transfer more power to the body from the joint as the contact surface of the dovetail to the body joint is greater.
No, he didn't arch the back, just flat, and he show very little on the bidge work,it can not tell. I think he was not aiming to built a masterpiece anyway.
RodFoo
發表時間: 2009-10-29 11:11
青韻是我家!
Hi Adirondack,

Thank you for your postings of guitar knowkedge here. I think, except a few minorities, not too many here are interested.

Obviously, in guitar building respect, you are much more knowledgeable and enthusiatic than I am just looking at your 'Adirondack' name. I consider that this is a good implication.

For the T & M joint, many do say that it is not inferior to a dovetail joint. I don't think that we should argue on that. If a guitar plays right and sound good to you when its built, it is good to you right on the spot. Only time can tell if it will improve over years, if that is what you are looking for. The only thing I know definitely is correct is that, if we ask any good carpenters to rank the strength of T & M joint and dovetail joint, I think all would put dovetail a bit stronger. Is it necesary to be that slightly bit stronger for a guitar? I wouldn't know. If you have used a knife to kill something, is it necessary to use a gun?

I think a good/balanced guitar is a product of a lot of little things added together and not just one particular point.

I have indeed enjoyed all your postings and thanks a lot.

Rod
epao
發表時間: 2009-10-29 12:31
開始0係青韻的常客喇。
註冊日: 2009-07-16
來自: 青衣
發表數: 298
Man it looks too deep for me, sorry!
Adirondack
發表時間: 2009-10-29 14:26
已經開始識到一些青韻民歌好友。

Edited.

RodFoo
發表時間: 2009-10-29 15:58
青韻是我家!
Hi Adirondack,

Here I quote your wording

"Some website said that there's more wood contact in M&T joint than dovetail, well guess I'm a traditionalist"

I thought I was referring to 'some website' when I used the word 'argue'.

I am also a traditionalist. Since both of us have the same preference, there is no need to argue with 'some websites' on that point. If you take it on you. Well .... I am sorry to have mislead you. My apologies.

Rod

(1) 2 »
樹狀顯示 | 新的在前 前一個主題 | 下一個主題 |

無發表權