mel
發表時間: 2006-07-30 02:34
青韻是我家!
註冊日: 2004-06-08
來自:
發表數: 453
Re: Cheer-o Cafe Y.W.C.A. 音樂、藝術、'夏'午茶
Dear Chris

能和大家一齊欣賞 Felix 表演,絕對是享受,而與 PPM 聽音遙遠估歌,更是其樂無比,(PPM 隻隻歌都識背詞,犀飛利! ! ) 可惜我今天要早走,聽不到全場,sorry sorry!

關於八月的 '夏'午茶,在八月十二日,我們很高興邀請到 青韻民歌組 出場 (((((Thanks))))),而八月廿六日則邀請到 MAD 到來表演 ((((( Thanks))))) 。

其它的兩個星期六已被民歌界好友獨霸 ,joking DD.

mel

----------------
Welcome to PinkArt for Music and Arts: -
http://www.pinkart.com.hk

fecheung
發表時間: 2006-07-31 10:49
開始0係青韻的常客喇。
註冊日: 2005-10-17
來自:
發表數: 69
Last Sat was really a special one for me. Sharing my favorite songs of JC and S&G with others have been my dream for years. Thanks to Derek (Sim) who played the 2nd guitar for 4 songs from Jim Croce - "Time in a bottle", "These Dreams", "It doesn't have to be that way" and "I'll have to say I love you in a song". Playing them in duet guitars can truely bring the feel of the songs. I couldn't do it without your help.

But most importantly, I had a wonderful time to sing in front of my friends who really love the songs and saw them enjoying it. Although there was not many audience due to the weather, but the audience that I saw on that day was way more than a performer should deserve. Thank you Mel Sir, PPM, Chris, Eric and especially to Stephanie. You have been a great support to me.

I had a great Sat that I won't forget.

Felix
Sim
發表時間: 2006-07-31 21:19
青韻典堂級民歌好友
註冊日: 2004-04-28
來自:
發表數: 1439
Felix.
I was pleased to play the 2nd gtr with you,
as you know, Jim Croce is one of my favorite singer song writers.
In my College days, I played Time in a bottle with my music mate playing the 2nd gtr.
We won the 1st runner up, just second to the winner who was later became an commercial record singer and famous DJ.
I always want to play the 2nd gtr of JC songs as everyone know it is one of the unique attractions of JC’s music.
I don’t have much time to practice recently so I am not very good at it.
And S&G , needless to say, is also my favorite.
I enjoyed your performance very much, as I said to the Mel Sir that day, you really have a lot of improvements both on gtr playing and singing.
I think you must have picked up your techniques and your own style back now after a few weeks of guest performance at CheerO Café.

For other viewers’ information,
Felix's performance attracted a American, James to come into the café.
When we talked with James after the show, he told us that he was a friend of JC’s.
JC wrote him a letter before JC died in an air crash.
He said that he was living in California and had played with various musicians for over 40 years.
Musicians he had played with includes Steely Dan, Chic Corea, The Beach Boys,
Herbie Hancock and lots of great names I’d forgot.
He said he might have a jam playing some blues that night at CheerO Café, but we have to go to Lanno’s studio for a practice appointment that night and might have missed a special jam perfomance.

Anyway, that isn’t many chance to sing Jim Croce's songs before Jim Croce’s friend.
I hope some day, when I play some Pink Floyd’s music, someone would come to me and say,” hey, I know David Gilmour, he is a friend of mine!”

----------------

lanno
發表時間: 2006-08-02 14:16
青韻是我家!
註冊日: 2005-05-03
來自: HK
發表數: 642
引文:

Sim 寫道:
Felix.
In my College days, I played Time in a bottle with my music mate playing the 2nd gtr.
We won the 1st runner up, just second to the winner who was later became an commercial record singer and famous DJ.
I always want to play the 2nd gtr of JC songs as everyone know it is one of the unique attractions of JC’s music.
I enjoyed your performance very much, as I said to the Mel Sir that day, you really have a lot of improvements both on gtr playing and singing.
I think you must have picked up your techniques and your own style back now after a few weeks of guest performance at CheerO Café.

When we talked with James after the show, he told us that he was a friend of JC’s.
He said that he was living in California and had played with various musicians for over 40 years.
He said he might have a jam playing some blues that night at CheerO Café, but we have to go to Lanno’s studio for a practice appointment that night and might have missed a special jam perfomance.

Anyway, that isn’t many chance to sing Jim Croce's songs before Jim Croce’s friend.
I hope some day, when I play some Pink Floyd’s music, someone would come to me and say,” hey, I know David Gilmour, he is a friend of mine!”

Derek:

I know David Gilmour ar... but he don't know me! haha

Lanno
fecheung
發表時間: 2006-08-07 11:19
開始0係青韻的常客喇。
註冊日: 2005-10-17
來自:
發表數: 69
Derek,

Thanks for your complement. You did great. I hope there will be more chances to sing with you.

Cheers,

Felix引文:

Sim 寫道:
Felix.

lanno
發表時間: 2006-08-09 15:27
青韻是我家!
註冊日: 2005-05-03
來自: HK
發表數: 642
Felix:

When will be your next show ar?

Lanno
Michael叔叔
發表時間: 2006-08-09 16:42