Adirondack
發表時間: 2009-10-19 18:22
已經開始識到一些青韻民歌好友。
註冊日: 2009-10-19
來自: 獅城
發表數: 36
New Member. 新仔啊.
Hi.

I'm James from sunny Singapore . I don't know if this is the place to post as a new comer introduction. My half baked Cantonese & those Chinese font makes me graying much faster, but I can speak like a local in Hong Kong though.

I will be lurking around & learning from you good people.

patrick
發表時間: 2009-10-19 22:45
青韻是我家!
註冊日: 2003-12-28
來自: Tri's Hi's
發表數: 710
Re: New Member. 新仔啊.
Oh, welcome, are you in HK now, what music style or instrument you are playing? I love guitar with Adirondack sprruce top but I don't have any.
Adirondack
發表時間: 2009-10-19 23:15
已經開始識到一些青韻民歌好友。
Hi Patrick.

I'm at home now. Was in Hong Kong 2 months ago. Visited Tom Lee in Cameron road. You guys are so luck to have so many major brands under 1 roof.

I like anything that can be played by steel-string guitars, especially Pop, Rock, Neil Young, acoustic blues of Johnny Winters, John Hammond, Muddy waters, some bluegrass.

I was looking for a Pac-rim Adirondack top guitar the last time I was in H.K. Tried some Martins & Gibsons there, but they are like those in local shops here, high action & not adjusted. I was actually looking for the Blueridge BR-160A. Played a few times, It's really quite different from the more common Sitka or Engelmenn.

You are very near China, should go look for this model & try it out. Look forward to communicate with you good people.

Michael叔叔
發表時間: 2009-10-20 01:47
版主
註冊日: 2003-12-20
來自:
發表數: 1366
Hi Adirondack,

It's great to know you !

From the picture of you, for sure you're a fan of Neil Young.....

So what is your favorite Neil Young song (s) ?

----------------
Michael叔叔
一個喜歡音樂、喜歡民歌的叔叔
http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/michaeluncle
M.A.D Website :www.geocities.com/hongkongmadband

Adirondack
發表時間: 2009-10-20 07:57
已經開始識到一些青韻民歌好友。
Hey Michael叔叔, It's great to know you guys too.
Actually, I'm also '叔叔' 级 also, in AGE I mean.

Yeah, my avatar of Neil Young pic was around the period of the Massy Hall performance in UK. This cd Neil Young's Greatest hits released in 2003 have the same pic on the cover.

I like Hey hey my my, Thrasher, Captain Kennedy, needle & the damage, cow girl, he was the king... so many to name, anyway, anything that is folky like Jim Croce, Bob Dylan etc is good for me.

Cheers.
dannychow
發表時間: 2009-10-20 09:29
青韻是我家!
註冊日: 2006-01-01
來自:
發表數: 439
Yeah, I like Adirondack top also~~

I tried a D28-Marquis with Adirondack top in TomLee before and it impressed me a lot~~

I 've been in Singapore before and I visited some music stores which have Santa Cruz and Lakewood guitars. They are all well made with greate sound. Did you check them out?
Michael叔叔
發表時間: 2009-10-20 11:19
版主
註冊日: 2003-12-20
來自:
發表數: 1366
Hi James / Adirondack,

Thanks for your sharing about Neil Young, all the songs you'd mentioned are great......

Let's share below one of the latest Neil Young's performance, singing one of my most favourite Neil's song - 'Long May You Run' at the Farm Aid 2009 Concert on 4 October 2009.....

----------------
Michael叔叔
一個喜歡音樂、喜歡民歌的叔叔
http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/michaeluncle
M.A.D Website :www.geocities.com/hongkongmadband

patrick
發表時間: 2009-10-20 12:19
青韻是我家!
註冊日: 2003-12-28
來自: Tri's Hi's
發表數: 710
Tom Lee don't have much brands other than Gibson, Martin and Taylor. I had learn from a youtuber that a Canadian brand "Boucher" product mainly adirondack top guitar, they even got some all adirondack model. Check this out.
http://www.guitareboucher.com/content/view/45/87/lang,en/
BTW, what model of guitar you are using?
Adirondack
發表時間: 2009-10-20 13:24
已經開始識到一些青韻民歌好友。
Hi Danny, Hi Michael & Hello again Patrick.

Tom Lee had the above brands & Larrivee, Maton, Yamaha, Ibanez, Epi & many more other brands. To view all these brands in my country, you need to go to at least 3 guitar shops. You lucky lot you.

Patrick, thanks for the lead. Interesting site, I found 1 more.

http://www.guitareboucher.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/lang,en/

http://www.guitaresrichard.com/en/fabrication.php

如故囉個枝 BR-160A 来做Asian guitar 的代表. It really beats a Martin D-28 like what it claims so many time on the net.

细佬好相信 Pac-Rim guitars already on par with many US makers, Guitars like China's Epi Masterbilt DR-500R, Korea's Crafter DV-300 & the cheaper Jack & Danny's is a real bang for bucks. Martin Taylor or Gibson 都试过不唔少. Only thing is, if you use medium strings on Asian guitars, most US make will out last it.

嘩, should start this on a new topic. Sorry folks.

樹狀顯示 | 新的在前 前一個主題 | 下一個主題 |

無發表權