我聽左20多年了~~
sum
發表時間: 2010-04-15 23:58
青韻是我家!
註冊日: 2004-07-17
來自:
發表數: 546
Re: 有無人聽英倫三島民謠?
I only know Richard Thompson, a past member of Fairport Convention and a famous guitarist.

Does "Mary Black" belong to the type of 英倫三島民謠? I hear her song a lot.引文:

Jonathan 寫道:
好似 Steeleye Span, Fairport Convention, June Tabor, Pentangle .... 等等

我聽左20多年了~~
RodFoo
發表時間: 2010-04-16 17:19
青韻是我家!
註冊日: 2004-01-01
來自: N.T.
發表數: 682
Yes. I have heard all of them. All perform ethnic traditional British music transformed to their own styles. I think Michael Suk-Suk and Edmond must have also listened to their music.

So you must know Martin Simpson, Bert Jansch & John Renbourn then, All of them fantastic guitarists.

Twenty odd years is a long time.

Rod
Jonathan
發表時間: 2010-04-17 09:12
已經開始識到一些青韻民歌好友。
註冊日: 2009-04-21
來自:
發表數: 44
Oh Richard Thompson, I like him alot.

The best Fairport albums all featured this talented guitarist/singer/songwriter, I especially like his albums with his ex-wife Linda ~~

Mary Black, I also like her singing. I have 2 albums by The Black Family, featuring the singing of her family (with her 2 brothers).
引文:

sum 寫道:
I only know Richard Thompson, a past member of Fairport Convention and a famous guitarist.

Does "Mary Black" belong to the type of 英倫三島民謠? I hear her song a lot.引文:

Jonathan
發表時間: 2010-04-17 09:20
已經開始識到一些青韻民歌好友。
來自:
引文:

RodFoo 寫道:
Yes. I have heard all of them. All perform ethnic traditional British music transformed to their own styles. I think Michael Suk-Suk and Edmond must have also listened to their music.

So you must know Martin Simpson, Bert Jansch & John Renbourn then, All of them fantastic guitarists.

Twenty odd years is a long time.

Rod

Hi Rod,

I remember in 1990-1995, I joined the HK Folk Society (I only listen and cannot play) and attended their annual folk festival (in November). Their then chairman Patrick Hurley introduced many fine music to me, mostly Irish music. I learned De Dannan, Andy M. Stewart, Altan....from him. Also some blues music, including Memphis Minnie.

Martin Simpson, I watched him playing in HK in th 90s, he also signed on the CD sleeves of my CDs, Jansch and Renbourn, both are guitarists from Pentangles .... I still have their LPs.

cheers
Jonathan
RodFoo
發表時間: 2010-04-19 09:03
青韻是我家!
I must have missed you during those days in the 90s as I was rather busy and did not attend the club a lot.

You can still go to The Canny Man Bar in Wan Chai. At times they do do some ethnic British music. Sampson sings there quite a lot.

Rod
Jonathan
發表時間: 2010-04-20 08:40
已經開始識到一些青韻民歌好友。
來自:
引文:

RodFoo 寫道:
I must have missed you during those days in the 90s as I was rather busy and did not attend the club a lot.

You can still go to The Canny Man Bar in Wan Chai. At times they do do some ethnic British music. Sampson sings there quite a lot.

Rod

Thank you Rod,

I'll surely visit Canny in near future.

BTW, I have watched you playing in Yuen Long several years ago, a folk concert held by 元福, and you played Blind Boy Fuller and some other blues pieces.
RodFoo
發表時間: 2010-04-20 09:14
青韻是我家!
The next meeting of HK Folk Society will be on 25thApr Sunday 14.300 - around 17.00

Wharney Guang Dong Hotel

The Canny Man in the basement. Sampson, Johnny and I will be there this time. Anybody is welcome to join.

Yuen Long. Yes, I live rather near there. It was (still is) an attempt to try Blind Boy Fuller with my style. That means cannot be good and without success. Haha!! Thanks for remembering them though.

Rod
樹狀顯示 | 新的在前 前一個主題 | 下一個主題 |

無發表權